What is Trademarks?
A trademark is a recognizable sign, design, or expression which identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others.
In other word, a trademark is a sign that enable the viewer to distinguishes the goods and services of one trader from those of others. Typically, a trademark may include the visual elements such as words (including personal names), indications, designs, letters, characters, numerals, graphical presentation, figurative elements, colors, the shape of the goods or any combination of these.
Why Trademarks Registration?
Once the trademark owners have registered their trademarks, the owners are granted an exclusive right to use the registered mark on their goods or the services and in turn can take legal action to stop anyone from using his registered sign without his consent.
What is classification of trademark?
For every application of trademark registration, the applicant must decide the class(es) of his trademark to register with and submit a list of all goods and services which are classified under the 2015 version of the 10th edition of the Nice Classification by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Hong Kong Trademark Registration
General steps of Trademarks Registration in Hong Kong:
- contact AsiaBC as your registration assistance
- decide the class(es) of the proposed trademark
- send proposed trademark and your general particular to AsiaBC:
- the applicant’s name and address in English/ Chinese
- specification of goods/services (in English and/or Chinese)
- specimen of the trademark (digital copy in JPG format is preferred)
- settle AsiaBC service fee & government fee of an application before application
- charge separately per additional class of an application
- extra fee may incur if objections and/or opposition are raised
- notarization and legalization services are sold separately
- perform trademarks search in HKIPD by AsiaBC
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed trademark registration
- Kick-off of registration application
- Substantive examination by HK government
- Assist client to handle objection
- Assist on the publication
- Collect the Trademark Certificate
- Government processing time: around 6 months (when no objection is taken by any parties)
Each registration is valid for 10 years.
Renewal for another 10-year will be open for application 6 months in prior to the end-date of a registration. We will send reminder to the client for notification in advance.
Mainland China and Macau Trademark Registration
AsiaBC can offer assistance to trademarks owners for registration of trademark in Mainland China and Macau for obtaining intellectual property rights protection in these regions.
Reach us now!
Get answered within 1 business day.