Hong Kong Statutory Company Secretary Service
Company Secretary is a statutory member of every Hong Kong limited company – including the most common private company limited by shares.
Although Company Secretary is an employee of the company, it is not the kind of secretary who work as a personal assistant of directors. Moreover, in the case the company fails to appoint the Company Secretary or comply to the statutory duties of this, the directors and shareholders are held responsible to it.
- A natural person aged 18 or above who ordinarily resides in Hong Kong and possess valid passport/HKID card (or) A body corporate having its registered office or a place of business in Hong Kong and possessing valid Certificate of Incorporation.
- The director(s) of a company can be appointed as the Company Secretary of the same company, except that the company has only one director (i.e. sole director of a company).
- The shareholder(s) of a company can be appointed as the Company Secretary of the same company.
According to Companies Ordinance, Company Secretary is responsible to maintain proper company record, it duties are as follows:
- managing and keeping the company’s statutory books:
- register of shareholder
- register of director
- preparing Written Resolution for:
- change of shareholding / director / company secretary
- Annual Member Meeting or Directors Meeting
- Minute of Directors’ / Members’ Meeting
- organizing and witnessing statutory meetings of directors and shareholder alongside preparation of minutes
- preparing and filing Annual Return (issued by Companies Registry)
- alternation of Shareholders, Directors or Company Secretaries
- change of Director’s details
- resignation of Director
- appointment of Director
- share allotment / share transfer
- increase authorized shares
- change of the company name
- change of the company address
Company Secretary in name
You can hire AsiaBC to be the Company Secretary of your Hong Kong limited company in name, when:
- The company member is unable to fulfill the eligibility.
- The company needs to protect the identity of true Company Secretary from the public exposure.
We can take the position of Company Secretary anytime – even after your Hong Kong limited company registration is complete.
Being solely the Company Secretary in name, we do not provide services to settle the statutory duties, you can hire us to settle them separately.
Company Secretarial Services
AsiaBC can settle every statutory duties of the Hong Kong Company Secretary (statutory), our company secretarial service is charge per task.
Write to us
When you have any questions about Hong Kong Company Secretary, simply write them down and send to us in the contact form below, we will reply you by email or phone call by the next working day.