Why Banking in Hong Kong?
World-class financial centre
Hong Kong a non-sovereign territory (under the sovereignty of the People’s Republic of China) but are granted high degree of autonomy, adapting legal system originating in British common law. Therefore, Hong Kong has strong advantage in the position as the gateway to China’s market because of its long history of world-class business environment, international markets, clean government and strongly global-accepted regulatory regime.
Stock exchange market in Hong Kong is Asia’s 3rd largest stock exchange in terms of market capitalization, and 6th largest in the world. Hong Kong has one of the highest concentration of banking institutions in the world. 70 of the world’s largest 100 banks have an operation in Hong Kong. By the end of December 2016, There were 195 authorised institutions consisting of 156 Licensed Banks, 22 Restricted Licensed Banks, and 17 Deposit-taking Companies as well as 54 Representative Offices of Foreign Banks There are 159 licensed banks, 21 restricted licence banks and 23 deposit-taking companies in Hong Kong.
Solid currency peg of HKD with USD
Hong Kong has adopted Linked Exchange Rate system with US dollar and the system has served monetary stability of Hong Kong for over thirty years since 1983. The current exchange rate is 7.8 HKD per USD and the amplitude of the Linked Exchange Rate is no more than 1%.
The stability of Hong Kong exchange rate is safeguarded by HKMA, the de-facto central bank of Hong Kong, by holding total of US$339.9 billion the official foreign currency reserve assets of Hong Kong at the end of July 2015.
Absence of capital control
Full freedom of movement for capital and payments is protected by the Basic Law, serves as the constitutional document of the Hong Kong. Hong Kong adopts pro free market measures such as free trade port to encourage international businesses.
Business Account Opening Requirement in Hong Kong:
Hong Kong banks accept business bank account opening application of various business entities including Hong Kong limited company (incorporated in Hong Kong), offshore company (incorporated in other jurisdictions), Hong Kong sole proprietorship, and Hong Kong partnership.
For Hong Kong non-profit entities such as Society, Property Owners Incorporation, Mutual Aid Committee, Co-Operative society, Club, Charity, and Association, they are not a entities for doing business in Hong Kong, please contact us directly for support.
Visit to Hong Kong:
Since the regulatory regime of Hong Kong strictly requires the banks in Hong Kong to follow the Know Your Clients (KYC) policy, under which requirement at least one director of your company must attend the bank interview in-person. The banks may require all the ultimate beneficial owners, all the authorized signatories to be interviewed.
- Business plan, organization chart, proof of business of the company including business contracts and invoices.
- address proof and personal identity of the ultimate beneficial owner(s), major member(s) and authorized signer(s)
- Incorporation documents
- Translation of documents to English / Chinese are required if documents are written in other languages.
- All submitted copies of documents to the bank must be certified as true copies of the originals by and any account opening documents must also be witnessed by a qualified certified public accountant (CPA) or solicitor.
- For up-to-date details, please refer to our banks required documents checklist and banks acquired information checklist.
Minimum Deposit Amount:
- The proof that the beneficial owners of the account is able to settle the minimum deposit amount if the account opening is successful.
Work with AsiaBC:
AsiaBC offers “Hong Kong Corporate Banks Accounts Opening Intermediary Service”, we assist non-Hong Kong people to open corporate bank accounts in the banks in Hong Kong.
What are the possible challenges in bank account opening for foreigners? Firstly, banks’ requirement of account opening are changing without notice in addition to their preference to clients are not clearly exposed to public, also bankers may not be satisfied with the applicants’ supportive document and they are unsettled by applicants’ explanation in the meetings. Foreigners suffer from failure of opening their bank account in Hong Kong even they see themselves as completely compliance to bank requirement. The case is worse that the banks have record of all rejected applications harming the account opening in the same bank in the future.
Remedy is “a Hong Kong-based intermediary specialized in business bank account opening” to guide the shortest route to your Hong Kong bank account.
AsiaBC bank account opening intermediary service can ensure time efficiency and enhanced successful rate in bank account opening in Hong Kong, the scope of services include:
- Analyze clients’ background to inline with banks’ requirement
- Arrange multiple meeting(s) with feasible banker(s)
- Assist the document preparation to comply with bank requirement
- Arrange required documents certifications and translation
AsiaBC Guarantee HK Bank Account Opening / Re-opening:
We are well aware of the challenges that clients face in setting up business accounts at Hong Kong banks, there are various factors in the process of account opening. In order to assist our clients in obtaining more effective bank account opening assistance services, we have set up a ” success guarantee”. If the client’s account application is finally rejected by the bank, the client will be refunded for their expense of our assistance services. For details:
- HONG KONG CORPORATE BANK ACCOUNT OPENING GUARANTEED SERVICE
- HONG KONG CLOSED BANK ACCOUNT RE-OPENING ARRANGEMENT SERVICE
The services period is limited.
Arrange a FREE Consultation
Get answered within 1 business day.