Supplementary to AsiaBC “Hong Kong Bank Account Opening” Services

Guide to Hong Kong business bank account opening
– Documents of customers acquired by Hong Kong banks in general
(Applicable to all small-to-medium enterprise)

At least one director of the company must be present in Hong Kong to attend the interview with bankers for accounts opening. In addition to it, the banks may require others to attend the meeting such as:

  • Another director
  • Beneficial owners / The shareholders who can exercise or control the exercise of 10% or more of the voting rights of the company or its parent company
  • All authorized signatories of the account

  • Required banks’ documents to be signed for account opening:
    • Account Opening Application Form
    • Account Mandate
    • General Commercial Agreement & 1 set of Board Resolution
    • Authority and Indemnity for remote banking services


  • Certified true copy documents to be provided by customers (Certified by qualified CPA or solicitor is required)
    • Copies of ID card / passport and residential address proof (such as bank letter, utilities bills issued within 3 months) of:
      • All authorized signers
      • 2 Directors, at least one of them is Managing Director
      • Beneficial Owners / All Shareholders with at least 10% of voting rights of the company
    • Copy of your company’s Business Registration Certificate (BR) – HK companies only
    • Copy of your company’s Certificate of Incorporation (CI)
    • Memorandum & Articles of Association (M&A) or equivalent including all up-to-date amendments
    • Copies of Hong Kong Companies Registry’s forms :
      • ND2B Notice of Change in Particulars of Company Secretary and Director
      • ND2A Notice of Change of Company Secretary and Director (Appointment╱Cessation)
      • ND4 Notice of Resignation of Company Secretary and Director
      • NSC1 Return of Allotment
      • NAR1 Annual Return
    • Copies of Bought & Sold Note
    • Copies of Shareholder and Director List
    • Certificate of Incumbency (issued by Registered Agent) – for offshore companies only


  • Common Reporting Standard (CRS) documents
    • Applicable CRS Self Certification Form to establish your tax status under CRS.


  • Initial deposit (bank fee will be deducted)
    • HKD cheque of at least HKD10,000

All information are for reference only.